Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Upcycling

Upcycle: the practice of taking something that is disposable and transforming it into something of greater use and value.

This is my upcycled sweater blanket. I took 5 of Mark's old sweaters that he was getting rid of and made them into a blanket for myself. It was so easy and is so comfy! And I like it even more because they were Mark's sweaters. I think upcycling is really neat. It often makes really cute things for very cheap and can cut back on waste! 




Here is a picture of Jack today. He is wearing a little romper that his Aunt Disney gave him. It doesn't QUITE fit him right, but it looks cute anyway!



2 comments:

  1. Hey, the kid looks good!

    Aaaaaahh! I love this blanket!!! I realized that I don't have enough sweaters to make my own, and that's sad. But I'll file that idea for later! BTW, "Upcycling"= my new favorite word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I just love it. I thought about going to Goodwill and finding cute sweaters there.
    Upcycling...it's pretty much incredible.

    ReplyDelete