Wednesday, February 11, 2009

So she sews!

I haven't written anything lately because we have been busy in Spokane! We just got back last night. I didn't take any pictures while we were over there which I am now regretting. But we had a good time visiting with family and everyone was happy to see Jack (and Mark and myself too, of course!). My old sewing machine, a Singer Stylist, has been having some problems that I didn't really want to do the work or pay the money to fix, especially since it is so old. Well, while we were in Spokane, Mark headed to Sears to check out their store (once again!) and when he came back he was carrying a big box containing my new sewing machine, a Singer Inspiration! I am so excited about it! It has been working great so far and has some pretty cool features like: an automatic needle threader, 28 stitches, an LED light, fully automatic one-step buttonhole and some other really cool things! I am so excited he did that for me! Here is a picture of my old sewing machine (which I think I will keep around) and my new one:




I can't wait to do more things on it! I have bought A BUNCH of fabric recently and I need to make sure I use it all and don't just let it sit around. The things I have recently made are:
  • a bag for me to hold all my stuff in the diaper bag
  • a sweater blanket
  • a soft cube for Jack
  • burp cloths
  • a patchwork bag
  • a skirt for me
  • a skirt for Jayce
  • a reversible headband that matches my skirt
  • a reversible headband that matches Jayce's skirt
  • 2 fabric bracelets
My current projects are a sweater blanket for Disney (which I think you will LOVE) a fat quarter purse and maybe some more skirts! I will post pictures of some of my projects as soon as I get some. But for now I will leave you with two pictures of Mark and Jack. Sorry they aren't the best!





3 comments:

  1. You're wrong, I would definitely say those pictures are the best!
    You're making me a sweater blanket??!?!! Yay!! I can't wait to see it. Yay for a new sewing machine, too! That's so cute! I would say I'm jealous, but since my mom bought me one not long ago, I guess I'm just happy for you! :o) I wish we could get together and sew everything in the world! I AM jealous that you have new fabric though! I feel like I need to get a part-time job just to afford it!

    P.S. I think Mark like's spoiling you...that's a good quality in a husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to make yours better than mine because...well...I like you better! It is going to be like neapolitan ice cream. And I might add a border and a back. I also wish we could get together and sew. OH! I have to tell you about this hilarious plan Mark came up with on the way home yesterday. It is about us moving to Moses Lake. The plan itself isn't so much hilarious, but the fact that HE came up with it is!

    I know fabric is SO expensive! I usually always have coupons which makes it somewhat affordable. And Mark does like to spoil me. He knows it makes me happy to get stuff. I know that sounds greedy, but that's not how I mean it! Ooopps...Jack is throwing a fit! *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean, it makes me happy to get things, too! I think "gifts" is my love language.

    ReplyDelete