Thursday, March 5, 2009

A boy, a skirt and some jewelry

First off, here are some pictures of Jack with a little stuffed owl Disney made him, that he loves!








He always smiles when I give it to him. And as you can see in the last picture, he is sick of laying down! He always tries to get up when I put him in his swing and then he almost falls out. He loves to stand up and walk around!

This next picture is 100 fabric squares that will soon morph into a skirt.

I've always wanted to make this skirt, but I wasn't quite feeling up to that challenge yet. So this is my 'mini' version of it. Not that it is short or anything. It will be almost floor length, but it isn't as extensive. I am so excited about it. I have actually been getting quite a few sewing projects done. My house is still a mess, but we have the Melody Lane auction coming up this Saturday and I am supposed to be making things to put in it. All the money we raise will be credited to Jaycilyn's account and we can use that to go on the Seattle tour, which I may or may not be going on. Whatever Mark decides. =] So far I have made 4 placemats, 4 coasters, a coffee sleeve, 2 skirts and 2 matching headbands (which I will post pictures of soon. They are so great!). BUT I still have to make 4 napkins, 2 bracelets that match the skirts and headbands, a coffee sleeve, pumpkin loaf, cookies, cupcakes and possibly some jewelry and also buy some reusable coffee cups! PHEW! And it's already Thursday, so I have to work fast! 

These next two pictures are of a necklace I found on Etsy. They are from Nicolas Landon's shop.






Isn't it great! It is called Le Brittany. I would love to have it, however it seems my bank account does not want to give me $48 + shipping. =]

Well there you have it. And like I said I will post again soon, showing all of my auction goodies! I am so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment